Charlotte Fire called to local school for malfunctioning toilet

ryan

Toilet

HMN-Charlotte Fire was called to a local school for a possible Hazmat situation Wednesday afternoon.  Upon arrival the school was evacuated for air quality concerns. (Fox 46)

– A clogged toilet was the source of an “air quality” alert at South Mecklenburg High School that forced students and staff to evacuate the building  Wednesday afternoon, officials on scene told FOX 46 Charlotte.

Charlotte Fire was called to the high school located at 8900 Park Road on Wednesday, May 23 in response to a “hazmat situation.”

Upon arrival, students and staff were evacuated from the school. It was soon discovered that the source of the foul odor was a clogged toilet.

Charlotte Fire and Hazmat crews cleared the scene Wednesday.

HazSim Pro training system has been used to train across the U.S since 2011. Trainers in HazMat and Confined Space realized that ‘tapping the student on the shoulder’ was NOT effective training. This system uses NO hazardous materials and although may not look exactly like your front line meter, shows the important data which the all students needs to learn to ‘react’ to. Click HERE for video of setting up the system. Click this link for customers in action using the HazSim to better train responders. Click HERE for a quote.

 

HazSim

Posted in hazmat, news, Toilet.

Leave a Reply